TEDxCanberra 2018 Partnerships Specialist
Timing: February – December 2018
TEDxCanberra builds community through unearthing and celebrating ideas worth spreading.
We’re looking for a number of exceptional individuals to join the TEDxCanberra volunteer team as part of our Partnerships Team.
The Partnerships Team is responsible for building and maintaining strong business relationships with TEDxCanberra’s event partners. You will work closely with our Partnerships Lead and the rest of our core team, in line with our core values (see below), to bring TEDxCanberra 2018 to life.
The right persons for this role will be energetic, enthusiastic, and able to work collaboratively with others.
Description and Scope
- Contribute to the planning and execution of the Partnerships strategy for TEDxCanberra
- Work with Partnerships Lead to identify, select and develop partners
- Guide relationship between TEDxCanberra and partners to coordinate partner space requirements at venue
- Work with Partners to plan event space including theming, design and TEDx style
- Work with Partners to determine bump in/bump out requirements
- Work with Communications team to arrange media and marketing opportunities associated with partners
- Coordinate with TEDxCanberra Attendee Experience team or partner requirements for materials, resources an support on event day(s)
- Contribute to Partners engagement prior to events to ensure all necessary access, space requirements, documentation and resources have been reviewed in preparation for a streamlined outcome on event day
What you can expect
As part of the TEDxCanberra team, you can expect:
- A completely equal pay structure – no one receives any!
- Opportunities to work in an open, collaborative and energising environment where ideas are encouraged and valued
- Opportunities to develop leadership and problem solving skills
- A community to call your own, not just in Canberra, but globally with other TEDx organisers
- Connection with a network of volunteers, partners, speakers and participants, where you get to know people from different backgrounds
- A LOT of fun
TEDxCanberra’s Core Values
We value inclusion. Everyone is invited. All are welcome. We respect each other and members of our community. We actively seek to include the excluded and marginalised. It is safe for us to be our full selves.
We value service. Everyone matters. Adopting heart-centred service means everyone we interact with knows that they are seen, heard and cared for by us. The service we provide – each other, our speakers, our partners, our audience, our community – shows who we are.
We value worthy ideas. We will seek out, support and promote people who have ideas worth spreading. To us, ideas worth spreading are ideas that contribute to improving the human condition and have a solid evidence base.
We value learning. We stay curious, keep exploring and stay humble. We respond to mistakes with compassion and care; we learn from our mistakes with courage and determination to grow through the experience.
We value fun. Joy, laughter, playfulness and creativity are as essential to what we do as the air we breathe. We take our work seriously but know that, if we’re not having fun along the way, we’re doing it wrong.
We value trust. We maintain confidentiality when needed, and transparency is our default position. Trust is earned when we keep our promises, and live all our values. We extend trust to each other and honour it in return.
Candidate must have the following skills
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to support TEDxCanberra co-workers
- Understanding of, and experience working with commercial business and government agencies to develop great collaborative working relationships.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal relationship skills to maintain good working relationships with TEDxCanberra co-workers and partners
- Flexibility to fit in with sudden changes in plans at any point in the project
- Able to work remotely and collaboratively using Basecamp and Google Drive
- Knowledge of TED/TEDx.
- Planning: February – May (4 hours/week)
- Planning/execution: May – September (assuming a September event) (10 hours/week)
- A non-negotiable three day commitment to the 2018 event (Bump In, Rehearsal Day, Show Day)
- Wrap up: September – November (2-3 hours/week)
Workload can largely be managed outside of business hours.
Closing date Sunday 11 February.