Want to know more about TEDxCanberra?
Read more about the TEDxCanberra organisation.
View a list of TEDxCanberra volunteer staffers.
Talks from TEDxCanberra conferences and events are released on TEDxCanberra.org throughout the year. See our TED Talks Usage Policy page for TEDxCanberra Talks licensing, usage policies and common questions.
Read the TEDxCanberra blog.
Press and media contact information
For press information, images and media resources about TEDxCanberra conferences, TEDxCanberra.org and TEDxCanberra Talks, please get in touch with TEDxCanberra Media. Stephen Collins is the the official spokesperson for TEDxCanberra. Please note that TEDxCanberra event organisers are not able to speak for the TED Conference.
You can sign up for TEDxCanberra media alerts using the form below.
Any inquiry regarding TED should be sent to:
TEDx Media Liaison
While we appreciate any coverage, we kindly ask that all journalists and/or bloggers be respectful of the difference between the TED and TEDx brands.
The ‘x’ in ‘TEDx’ stands for “independently organised events.” Any headline or text which implies “TED” is coming to Canberra is misleading.
For more information on TEDx, visit http://www.ted.com/tedx.
Press attendance at TEDxCanberra events
TEDxCanberra invites a small number of requesting journalists to cover each conference. We give priority to proposals from journalists who:
- work for mainstream and online media outlets capable of reaching large or influential audiences
- have a track record of insightful coverage in areas related to TED and TEDxCanberra
- have a specific commission for coverage of the conference (and not just of speakers or others attending)
Some things to note:
- We take great care in filming TEDxCanberra Talks. It is very rare that we invite outside cameras in for video and TV efforts, but we are happy to evaluate all requests for conference footage.
- We do not admit outside photographers
- We are unable to consider press passes for freelancers without an assignment letter from the outlet for which you wish to report
Interested in covering a TEDxCanberra event? Press passes are limited, and press attendance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Send your name, the name of your media outlet, and your proposed area of coverage to TEDxCanberra Media at firstname.lastname@example.org. Press decisions are generally made in the months preceding the conferences, and accepted attending press are notified approximately one month before each event.
Image requests should be directed to our PR team at email@example.com with the email subject IMAGE REQUEST. The request should be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Name of requested image
- Publication date
- Preferred file format
- Deadline for receipt of image
A photo credit will be provided when the image is delivered. This credit must run in full.
Requests for interviews should be directed to our PR team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject INTERVIEW REQUEST. Your email should include the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Brief background on your interview request
- Proposed publication date
- Your deadline
To republish, link to and embed TEDCanberra Talks
We encourage you to share TEDxCanberra Talks. See our TEDCanberra Talks Usage Policy page for licensing, usage policies and common questions.