TEDxCanberra 2018 Co-Organiser
TEDxCanberra builds community through unearthing and celebrating ideas worth spreading.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join the TEDxCanberra volunteer team as our Co-Organiser. As Co-Organiser, you’ll work closely with our Licensee and the rest of our core team, in line with our core values (see below), to bring TEDxCanberra 2018 to life. The right person for this role is energetic, enthusiastic, and able to work collaboratively with others.
Timing: February to December 2018
Description & Scope
In conjunction with the TEDxCanberra Licensee, you will:
- Oversee the logistics and organisation of TEDxCanberra’s events
- Lead the core organising team – including team management and recruitment, communication and administration, troubleshooting, and supporting core team leaders in their roles
- Follow up initiatives being led by each team and ensure appropriate coordination between teams
- Organise and manage regular core team meetings, agendas and minutes
- Anticipate resource requirements, troubleshoot and problem solve team and event issues in conjunction with the core team members
- Perform the role of on stage host on Show Day
- Represent TEDxCanberra at meetings with prospective and confirmed partners, supporters, other key stakeholders and media
- Engage with other TEDx organisers as part of the Australia and NZ Regional TEDx Organiser community.
What you can expect
As part of the TEDxCanberra team, you can expect:
- A completely equal pay structure – no one receives any!
- Opportunities to work in an open, collaborative and energising environment where ideas are encouraged and valued
- Opportunities to develop leadership and problem solving skills
- A community to call your own, not just in Canberra, but globally with other TEDx organisers
- Connection with a network of volunteers, partners, speakers and participants, where you get to know people from wildly different backgrounds
- A LOT of fun
TEDxCanberra’s Core Values
We value inclusion. Everyone is invited. All are welcome. We respect each other and members of our community. We actively seek to include the excluded and marginalised. It is safe for us to be our full selves.
We value service. Everyone matters. Adopting heart-centred service means everyone we interact with knows that they are seen, heard and cared for by us. The service we provide – each other, our speakers, our partners, our audience, our community – shows who we are.
We value worthy ideas. We will seek out, support and promote people who have ideas worth spreading. To us, ideas worth spreading are ideas that contribute to improving the human condition and have a solid evidence base.
We value learning. We stay curious, keep exploring and stay humble. We respond to mistakes with compassion and care; we learn from our mistakes with courage and determination to grow through the experience.
We value fun. Joy, laughter, playfulness and creativity are as essential to what we do as the air we breathe. We take our work seriously but know that, if we’re not having fun along the way, we’re doing it wrong.
We value trust. We maintain confidentiality when needed, and transparency is our default position. Trust is earned when we keep our promises, and live all our values. We extend trust to each other and honour it in return.
Candidate must have the following skills
- Project Management / Event Management experience
- High levels of initiative and ability to plan, manage and deliver multiple projects working with various team leads
- Proficiency in building and maintaining key relationships, strong interpersonal and communication skills and decision-making abilities
- Attention to detail, able to manage teams, budgets and timelines
- Able to work remotely and collaboratively using Basecamp and Google Drive
- Knowledge of TED/TEDx
- Planning: February-March (2-3 hours/week)
- Planning/execution: April – September (depending on event date) (1-2 days/week)
- Wrap up: September – December (depending on event date) (2-3 hours/week)
The workload can largely be managed outside of business hours, however some meetings and other activities must occur during business hours.
Closing date Sunday 11 February.
© Copyright 2018 TEDxCanberra. This independent TEDx event is operated under licence from TED.