NOTE: We’ve filled the specific roles advertised here, but we’re always looking for enthusiastic, talented, motivated people who can think on their feet. If that’s you, let us know by filling in the volunteer form – we can probably find you something to do!
After a well-deserved break the team is back and starting to plan for TEDxCanberra 2013. Our event and our team have evolved considerably over three years, and now we’re looking for new faces for our volunteer team. Specifically, we’re looking for skilled, motivated people ready to take on some key roles, including Communications Manager, Presenter Manager and Presenter Coordinator.
The two manager roles are what we refer to as “core team” and will require a significant level of volunteer effort – demand varies across the year, but you can expect a couple of hours each week and increasing demand to as many as 10 – 15 hours in some weeks as the event approaches. The Coordinator role is less demanding, but still requires a highly motivated person.
- coordinate activities of the Presenter Team for TEDxCanberra including approaches to potential presenters and selection of presenters
- supervise members of Presenter Team
- work with Staging team on any on-stage requirements for presentations
- work with Photo and Video Team to coordinate requirements for recording of presentations
- work with Comms team to arrange media and other marketing needs associated with presenters
- make arrangements for travel and accommodation, provide guidance to presenters and collate presenter information
- work with Partnerships Director to arrange visits by presenters to partner organisations
- work with Production team to provide necessary images and text for event materials and site
- work with Comms team on presenter media
- Work with Licensee and Executive Producer to develop, implement and evaluate the
event’s strategic comms plan
- Manage a small team of communications professionals
- Develop relationships with key media stakeholders both locally and
- Develop communications materials such as media releases, newsletters,
- Proactively identify opportunities to promote the event, presenters,
and to raise the profile of key team members
- Coordinate media interviews with Licensee, presenters and key team
- Coordinate social media activity on the day
We’re also looking for a bunch of more general volunteers for our On-the-day Team as well as a number of specific tasks.
If you’re selected for one of the core team roles, you’ll be committing to a full year of involvement with TEDxCanberra, potentially for several hours each week. You participation will kick off with our all-day strategy and planning session on Saturday 16 February.
If you have the drive, time and energy to commit to our core volunteer team, we want to hear from you! Fill out the Volunteer Application and let us know how you can help. We’ll be acting pretty quickly on applications, and will be interviewing next week.