In past years, audience talks at TEDxCanberra have been a highlight of the program. So, because they do offer such a great addition to the program, we’re once again giving you, our community, the chance to take the stage at TEDxCanberra 2012 and tell us your idea worth spreading.
Pitching an audience talk is pretty straighforward. Here are the rules:
- by 5:00PM 10 August, you must submit your idea of no more than 100 words or one minute of video – late entries or one word or one second over and you’re out of the running
- it doesn’t need to be a talk (as such) – it could be a performance, art, music, dance, a talk, singing, whatever
- you must submit your idea to us by emailing your idea, or a link to the video (do not email us the video) to email@example.com – this is the only way we will accept submissions
- we will select small number of potential ideas over the weekend of 11 – 12 August and contact you if we select your idea for audition
- we will then audition your idea in a 5 – 10 minute pitch meeting at a cafe in Civic on 14 or 15 August – if you’re not available at the place and time we want you, you’re out
- we will decide and notify successful applicants by 5:00PM 16 August
- your talk, if selected, cannot exceed three minutes and cannot use more than three slides (and preferably none – tell the story)
- you must attend TEDxCanberra rehearsal on 7 September and otherwise comply with other presenter requirements
- you do not need to already have a place at TEDxCanberra
Go for it!