We’ve now decided on a final price and process for TEDxCanberra 2011 registration.
Registration for TEDxCanberra will cost $85 per person (inclusive of processing fee) which will include the day of talks, morning and afternoon tea, lunch, drinks afterwards and a small bag of gifts from our partners.
This post is a reminder to potential attendees of exactly how the ticketing process will work. It’s important that you understand this before tickets go on sale on 12 August.
- Registration for TEDxCanberra is open to everyone. This means anyone who purchases a ticket before they are sold out can attend. You don’t need to apply or to be selected to be able to come along.
- If you are on our newsletter list, early-release tickets for subscribers will go on sale at 9:00AM AEST on Wednesday 10 August – 48 hours ahead of public sales. However, as we have in excess of 300 people on our list, we will be randomly selecting 150 of those people and offering them a guaranteed place. You need to be on the list by 5:00PM AEST 5 August 2011 to be included in the ballot.
- Those selected in the ballot will be sent an email on Monday 8 August and will have 24 hours to purchase their ticket. Please check your spam filtering settings to allow emails from ‘eventbrite.com’ (last year some attendees reported that emails from Eventbrite ended up in their spam folder). If tickets are not purchased within this period, they will be returned to the pool and will be made available to newsletter subscribers as part of our early-release (see 2 above).
- There is a maximum of one ticket per registration. Tickets are not shareable. We understand that you may want to purchase extra tickets so that you can attend TEDxCanberra with a friend, family member or colleague, but given the high demand for tickets we think the fairest way to manage the demand is to limit tickets to one per registration. If you know someone who you think might like to attend, please encourage them to sign up to the newsletter to get access to the early-release ticket sales.
- Tickets may be transferred provided you inform us in accordance to the registration policy.
- No refunds for tickets will be given after 16 September 2011.
The full TEDxCanberra registration policy is available for you to read.
If you’d like to guarantee yourself a place at TEDxCanberra, the only way to do that is to make sure your organisation is one of our partners.